Volunteers are the backbone of Irish society and provide valuable support to thousands of community and charitable organisations. As we head into National Volunteers Week (21st – 27th September), Ballyphehane Community Association would like to thank our fantastic volunteering team for all their support and hard work.
Over the past thirty years we have been very fortunate to have hundreds of individuals from our local community supporting us in several ways.
- Deliver our Meals on Wheels service to older adults in our local area
- Help out at our weekly Bingo sessions
- Organise seasonal events e.g. Halloween and Christmas parties
In addition, we have numerous organisations that use our community centre and a lot of those rely on volunteers to carry out their activities. Without their contribution, these organisations would not be able to function.
There is no denying that volunteers play a very important role with our Association and it is interesting to understand why they do it.
- Give something back to our local community
- Meet new people with similar interests
- Make a difference
- Gain valuable training and experience which may lead to paid employment
- Make use of special interests and talents
- Be an active citizen
While our community centre is currently closed to the public due to Covid-19 restrictions, we still value the support we receive from our volunteers. They are a vital link in our services and carry out their activities to a very high level of professionalism. To all our volunteer, a huge thank you for all your support, kindness and enthusiasm.
If you would like to learn more about volunteering opportunities with us